Facilities for the Disabled
We have the following facilities for our disabled patients:
- If you need help with the patient doors please ring the bell on the left-hand side of the door and a receptionist will be available to assist
- Reception is equipped with a hearing loop for the hard of hearing
- All our consultation rooms are on the ground floor
- We have a toilet suitable for disabled patients
- If you have difficulty using our electronic patient check in then please check in via reception
Al-Shifa Medical Centre follows the newly introduced Accessible Information Standard. This involves identifying, recording and flagging, sharing and meeting the information and communication needs of our patients with a disability or sensory loss.
The standard aims to ensure that people who have special communication needs receive information that they can access and understand for example in large print, Braille or via email. We hope this will increase health outcomes and reduce inequalities for patients who require additional assistance beyond the normal.
Please ensure that if you have any particular communication needs, you let the practice know. We will then do our best to meet those needs thereby allowing you to have equal opportunity to use our services.