Ladybarn Group Practice staff have worked hard to support the health and care needs of our patients throughout the COVID pandemic. Over the past 6 months we have also played a large part in the organisation and delivery of the local Covid-19 vaccination programme while continuing to provide full care for all our patients. The vaccination programme is being carried out in addition to our day-to day GP work.
We have been consulting by phone and video and, where clinically appropriate, have seen patients in face-to-face appointments following the national guidelines in the prevention of transmission of COVID-19 which includes, social distancing and wearing face covering.
Due to the recent extremely high demand for appointments our telephone lines are really busy. We are aware that you may not be able to get through or have a longer waiting time on hold and we apologise for this. We do try to answer all calls in a timely manner and have taken steps to meet this unprecedented demand.
We have reluctantly withdrawn from the vaccination programme in order to provide additional surgeries, we booked additional GP locum sessions, are recruiting additional reception staff as well as other clinical staff such as pharmacists to reduce the administrative workload on our doctors.
Ladybarn Group Practice do care about our patients, and we are trying our best to support everyone’s healthcare needs despite the current level of demand, and we would ask you to support us to allow us to do our job without the fear of abuse.
Please seek help from the most appropriate service, and we may refer you on if we feel this is more appropriate. Other services available for you to obtain help are:
Your local pharmacy – Pharmacists give health advice and help with minor illnesses like coughs and colds, sunburn, hay-fever and diarrhoea. In most cases you do not need an appointment and they are able to provide you with medication should this be appropriate.
Mental Health – If you are experiencing mental health problems you can self-refer yourself to NHS talking therapies
Dental Problems – Please contact your dentist for any dental problems. If you do not have a registered Dentist please contact 0333 332 3800. This service is available daily, including weekends and bank holidays from 8.00 a.m. until 10.00 p.m.
Musculoskeletal pain – If you are suffering with soft tissue, muscle and/or joint pains we hold a First Contact Physiotherapy clinic at the Practice. Please ask a member of our reception team if you would like to be seen in this clinic. Symptoms that are able to be assessed within the clinic are : soft tissue injuries; sprains, strains and sports injuries; arthritis pains; tennis elbow symptoms; back pain; carpal tunnel syndrome;
Urgent Eye Service (CUES) – For accident and emergencies related to your eyes please seek help in the community to avoid a visit to the hospital. A service has been set up so that patients can access free urgent NHS care at an Optometry practice. A number of practices deliver this service so you will not need to travel far.
- AH Mertons Opticians 448 Barlow Moor Road Chorlton-cum-Hardy M21 0BQ 0161 8812588
- Arrowsmith Eyecare 672 Rochdale Rd Harpurhey M9 5TT 0161 2052575
- Blustons Opticians 904 Stockport Rd Levenshulme M19 3AD 0161 2242290
- David Singh Visioncare 420 Barlow Moor Road Chorlton M21 8AD 0161 8606656
- Didsbury Eyecare 717 Wilmslow Road Didsbury M20 6WF 0161 4457668
- Direct Vision Opticians 444 Wilbraham road Chorlton M21 0AG 0161 8606363
- Direct Vision Opticians 827 Stockport Road Levenshulme M19 3PN 0161 2484200
- Eye2c Optometry 2 Gibwood Road Northenden M22 4BT 0161 9984664
- Eyecare Oncall Suite 51 Cariocca Business Park, 2 Hellidon Close Manchester M12 4AH 0161 2736955
- Gent Bros Opticians 325 Hollinwood Avenue New Moston M40 0JA 0161 6811348
- Guys Opticians 492 Wilmslow Road Withington M20 4RZ 0161 4454723
- Jennings Opticians Unit 7, Haletop Civic Centre Wythenshawe M22 5RN 0161 4373042
- Jo Padmore Eyewear 790 Wilmslow Road Manchester M20 2DR 0161 4458855
- JSR Opticians 558 Stockport Road Longsight M12 4JJ 0161 2255943
- JSR Opticians 60 Wilmslow Rd Rushholme M14 5AL 0161 2240163
- Leeming Opticians 1A School Lane Didsbury M20 6RD 0161 4455307
- Lindop Opticians 923 Stockport Road Levenshulme M19 3PZ 0161 2246878
- Murrays Opticians 173 Princess Road Moss Side M14 4RL 0161 2261031
- Murray and Haggerty 238 Fog Lane Didsbury M20 6EL 0161 4344597
- Openshaw Optical 1311 Ashton Old Road Openshaw M11 1JS 0161 3701800
- Optieye Care 646 Hyde Road Gorton M18 7EE 0161 2232001
- Optieye Care 166 Hollyhedge Road, Benchill Wythenshawe M22 9UE 0161 9980269
- Specsavers 114 Mauldeth Road Fallowfield M14 6SQ 0161 4342755
- Specsavers 14b Harpurhey Shopping Centre Harpurhey M9 4DH 0161 2028710
- Specsavers Sainsbury’s Supermarket, Heaton Park Road Heaton Park M9 0QS 0161 6540440
- Specsavers 89 Halle Mall, Arndale Shopping Centre Manchester M4 2HU 0161 8346665
- Specsavers Unit 17 & 18 Lime Square, Ashton Old Road Openshaw M11 1DA 0161 3719188
- Specsavers 17 The Birtles Wythenshawe M22 5SA 0161 4379252 Specsavers Unit 9A,
- Manchester Fort Shopping Park Cheetham Hill Road M8 8EP 0161 8346665
- The Eye Centre 640 Stockport Road Longsight M13 0SH 0161 4787473
- The Eye Team 458 Wilmslow Road Withington M20 3BG 0161 4454441
- The Eye Site Opticians 58 Bury Old Road Cheetham Hill M8 5BN 0161 7952341
- Vision Service Opticians 379 Palatine Road Northenden M22 4FY 0161 9987874
- Vision Service Opticians 4 Progress Buildings, Halliwell Lane Cheetham Hill M8 9ER 0161 7409009
- Wheeldon Opticians 106 Palatine Road West Didsbury M20 3YB 0161 4454253
- IC Optical Domiciliary Optician 0161 7733343
Please do not use valuable time in your consultation to complain, we really do understand your frustration and are trying to provide as many consultations as possible.
Please remember that A&E is for life threatening emergencies only and they are also overwhelmed at present.
Once again, we would thank you for your ongoing patience during this difficult time that we find ourselves in.